Updates: It's a girl. Scary news and decisions.
Today I am really feeling movement and kicks! I have been complaining that I don't feel her kicking. Ummm... now, that is all I am feeling. I haven't updated lately because we received some scary news the day before NYE. I went in for an ultrasound with the maternal fetal medicine specialist. My results were inconclusive, so I scheduled the amniocentesis.
While they were prepping me for it today, I decided not to go through with it. My mom went with me and they did another level two ultrasound. Petri (her new nickname) was super busy in there, kicking and dancing. She looks physically normal and weighs in at a hefty 12 oz. I have only gained about two pounds so, I guess most of it is baby, placenta, and amniotic fluid. She is laying diagonally with her head on my left side and her feet toward my right pelvis. Regardless of the outcome, we love her and she is our daughter. The amnio would not have changed anything for us, and I simply could not risk her life.
Matt is still worried, but I am not. She is our tough girl. She is our 1 in 26 and our miracle baby. We are honored to be her parents and thankful that she has been fighting to grow and survive since she was just two cells.
In other news, tomorrow I will tell my boss and the rest of the world about Petri. My round belly is too large to hide now and I am proud to be a mommy to be. It has been hard not to shout it from the rooftops.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment