Friday, September 10, 2010

Birthday's and first laughs

Today is my 35th birthday! This day is special for several reasons:
1) I am getting older.
2) Today is Charlie's conception day. On the morning on my 34th birthday, I had my egg retrieval and Charlie was conceived. She spent her first 5 days of life in "Daycare" in an incubator with 18 other embryos. On the 5th day she was placed back into my uterus, to become my daughter. What a wonderful day that was.
3) Charlie laughed at us for the first time today! We were in the parking lot of the mall getting ready for a walk and Matt went back to get something out of the car. Charlie was sitting in her stroller (also her first time in the stroller with out the car seat) and she just started laughing at us. Matt ran back and he hugged and laughed and high fived each other. She continued to laugh so hard that we started laughing really hard. So much fun!!! She has giggled a little and laughed in her sleep, but this was the first time she laughed! I am such a proud momma!
In other news:
We are definitely starting the teething process. And Matt gave me a fancy camera and a gift card for my Birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you today! It's been 1 year today we both had our transfers. Hard to believe our babies have been with us for so long! I need to send you an email to catch up and a picture of Christopher. Take care!
Samantha (Samk213)