Saturday, January 17, 2009

BFN, IVF and Adoption

Next week, we will start the process for IVF. My last ditch attempt at getting pregnant without IUI/IVF was unsuccessful. I got our last BFN on our own. We are both disappointed, but excited about moving forward. This makes 12 months of actively trying, and 20 months of trying, but not trying. All BFN's.

My sister called yesterday, a friend of a friend is pregnant and wants to put her baby up for adoption. We had a serious talk about it. It is a long shot, the birth mother is in her 30's and lives in California. At least it has opened the lines of communication between us about what happens next if IVF doesn't work.

My trip to Houston was wonderful! I am proud of my training class. I feel like I changed minds about our product, especially our entry doors. Too bad, they are my accounts. At least I got some good practice in, before I train my accounts this week. I am exhausted!

I got to have dinner with my dad, Step-mom and little sister. The food was yummy, and it is so wonderful to spend time with family. It makes me realize how lonely I am up here.

I am so confused all of the sudden about what to do.... I am off to thebump to ask for advice.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

So exciting that you. are getting ready to start IVF. Let me know if you ever need help. I am just accross the street. The first time I dd the all the mixing of the Monopur I got little freaked out. Wasn't sure if I was doing it right. Add that with the Lupron shot and then a shot of Follistim and things got confusing. I will be praying for you.

Rebekah said...

Good luck with your IVF process! It is so overwhelming and exciting at the same time!!

That is great news about the adoption. I have always hoped I would be in the situation where someone came up to me and said so-and-so is pregnant and wants to give up their baby. Are you interested? I'd be there in a heart beat!! (But, alas, it hasn't happened)

Good luck with the decisions ahead!

Echloe said...

Sorry about the BFN but I'm glad you guys are ready to move forward. I really hope that IVF works for you. I remember being really overwhelmed with things at the beginning of the process but now it seems like a drop in the hat. It was much easier than timed intercourse. Seriously. It takes the stress out. Instead of wondering "did I ovulate" "did we time it right", "did I leave my legs in the air long enough" you get to see in black and white how many follies you have and know for sure that the sperm get to meet the eggs, and get reports everyday on how everything is working. Anyway I just thought it was a great process. Sure the shots are awkward at first. Sure it is expensive. But it is all worth it when you get the BFP! Good Luck.

Liv said...

Just checking in- Howya doin'? Hope all is well and you've got some good news on how the IVF plan is a comin'!