A birthday miracle. I got a call from Dr. G last night and he said I could go ahead and try Follistim. My Estridol levels were OK, and one cyst looked like it was probably an endometrioma that was already there. I will be closely monitored. I am over the moon with excitment and hope.
Tonight, M took me to dinner and my dad surprised me by flying in from Houston and meeting us at the restaurant. It was a special surprise and just what I needed. I feel so loved and supported! It was such a remarkable day, and I was thrilled to share the start of this chapter with my dad.
When I got home, we read the directions and I gave myself the first shot. M was freaking out and practically sweating. He was holding the alcohol swab for me between his fingers and I swear he almost made it dissolve because of how tightly he was holding it. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it is hard to just do it.
The last 6 months, it has been all about us; the travel, concerts, and food. I flew in a helicopter, in a float plane, ate sushi, saw bears, saw whales, cut my bangs, taken chances I wouldn't normally have the guts to try.... Now, it is all about the baby. I am amazed at how I will jump out of bed to go to my appointments, allow my tummy to be cut, stuck, poked and invaded. All for this little person I have not met. I have to go back on Saturday for my ultrasound and blood work, then again on Monday, and so on.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment