Tomorrow at 10:30 I have my "pre-start meeting." It is where I am given my protocol, prescription, injection education and just basically learn everything IVF related. I am going to take my operative report. I just received it last week. Lesson #1: be an advocate for yourself.
So: my operative report states that my ovaries had large endometrioma's on them (bilateral endometrioma's). My ovaries were densely adhered to the pelvic side walls (not a good thing) and had to be released. Posterior cul-de-sac have endometriosis and in a nut shell everything was stuck together ("a coagulation of these area of endometriosis). My prognosis for achieving pregnancy was "very poor." Fortunately, my uterus is in good shape, it is just everything outside of this. From what I can tell... my ovaries were being pulled away from my fallopian tubes, my fibrae (the little sweepers that sweep the egg into the tube) are tangled and gooped up with endometriosis. The doctor did note that my exterior lady parts are "normal" which is a relief; as you don't want t hear that your v.ul.v.a and vajj is abnormally large or something. My right fallopian tube had a cyst on it. I don't know how any of this will impact my IVF chances. I will have to discuss this with Dr. C tomorrow.
Please God let me move forward with this! My mom wants to come into town to stay with me for the ER (egg retrieval) and ET (embryo transfer). I am going to need to check the calendar they give me tomorrow to make sure that can happen! I will update tomorrow, I can't believe we are here!!!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment