Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pity party for one

Another emotional day: I don't know why, it must the the birth control pills. I stopped taking them on Wednesday and I finally saw a hint of AF today. Ugh... come on! I will go back on BCP's on day three. I am debating if I should count my spotting of today. I guess it doesn't make a difference since I don't start Lupron until August 11th.

M and I had a nice weekend. I was sad to see him drive off. We did a ton of shopping for decorative stuff for the house and we took a nap, went to dinner and just worked on some financial stuff. I miss him.

Friday was the worst day work wise. Ugh.. I was glad to see the weekend. I went with a friend to shop for decorations for a baby shower we are hosting for another friend. I must be crazy to host a baby shower during my IVF cycle. This is torture, I work really hard to be happy for my friends that get pregnant, but this is her second baby. She got pregnant on the first try. We went to dinner when she was in her 2ww, I was also in my 2ww. She drank it up, and tada... pregnant. Healthy baby boy. So, she get's a fancy shower with matching cups and napkins and $100 worth of invitiations, because Evites simply will not do. Everything has to match her nursery. I understand that, but can we not argue the difference between sage and sagey-blue.
Like I said I am just jealous and hurting. I WANT MY TURN! I won't care if there is tulle, or matching cups and napkins, evites, or anything. I will just be thanking GOD that I have something to celebrate. Buy my cake at Walmart, better yet cupcakes, whatever is on sale is perfect. I don't care if I get gifts, I just want a baby to have a party for.

I am fighting the pang of resentment. So, she is due in a few weeks and I am still sitting here blogging about not being pregnant.

I got an evite tonight for the 1 year b-day party for my BFF's twin girls, via IVF. Unfortunately, it is on the same day as the baby shower. I would love to see her girls.
I am waiting for my dear husband to arrive safely in San Antonio so we can Skype and say good-night. He is working himself to death.

3 comments:

Hua said...

Hi,

Great blog post. Don't let yourself get down about going to your friends baby shower. I know it is upsetting to see all your friends getting pregnant, but keep your head high and stay positive. Everything happens for a reason and I'm sure you will get your turn. The world works in mysterious ways. I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua

Soña said...

Oh Deb, thinking of you and just wanting to leave you a comment to let you know I'm still out here supporting you. You're a strong woman and one day real soon it will be your turn for that wal-mart cake and evite baby shower. I totally believe that. Hang in there.

Sumer said...

Hey TTC a little F!! Check out my blog - I tagged you for an award!! One Lovely Blog Award!! I follow your blog and think it is awesome! I should be starting my IVF cycle in September and am glad I found others out there to find comfort in.

Sumer