I just spent the last hour rereading my blog, and sort of laughing about it all. It looks like every month we are doing IVF and something happens. But, seriously we are here. I promise, this is it. I got the reassurance from Dr. C, that we are going forward. The specialty pharmacy called today to talk about everything that had been ordered.
Here is my protocol for my IVF cycle sisters, followers and family.
Lupron injections in the thigh 10 units evening starting 8/18
Stop BCP's on 8/22
Baseline Sonogram (Please make it go well) and bloodwork 8/27
Start stims 8/29
AM: Menopur injections 75units in the belly
PM: Follistim 225 units (holy moly I did 150 with my IUI and I stimmed really well so they dropped me to 75) in the belly other side and Lupron injections (5 iu) in the thigh daily for 8-10 days
Bloodwork: 8/31, 9/2, 9/4
Sonogram and bloodwork 9/5, 9/6, 9/7
HCG trigger shot on 9/7 or 9/8 ish
Egg retrival 9/9 or 9/10 (my birthday!!)
Embie/blastocyst transfer (Praying really hard for this) on day 3 or day 5 after ER
Pregnancy beta test 14 dpt (days past transfer)
Start Crinone AM only and estrace pills twice a day until pregnancy confirmed. Once pregnancy is confirmed continue for up to 10 weeks.
Quoted cost for med's $3,420 so far Insurance covers nothing..........................................
Oh well. I am going to pick up my med box next Friday, because the pharmacy (IVP care) is about three miles away from me. Of course my RE is 24 miles away and I have to go there every other day.
We haven't started working on our adoption paperwork. I am just trying one thing at a time.
Tomorrow I am going for accupuncture. A lot of the IVF girls swear by it. I figure at the very least maybe it will relax me.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Wow! keeping our fingers crossed for you!
Hey there,
I use IVPcare too. They are the best. And your meds are pretty much what I used and it worked for me so I have great hopes for you. The only difference is I had PIO which I started taking after ER. And my lupron went in the belly.
GL!
Good luck as you start this all! The meds are overwhelming at first glance. Ok, and at second and third glance. :) You're not alone, we are close in cycles.
Also, I wanted to present you with a blog award. Please stop by my blog and pick it up!
Post a Comment