Saturday, August 29, 2009

My ultrasound went fine and my blood counts were good. I still have endometriomas on both ovaries. The one on my left is about 1/2 inch the one on the right is about an inch long. Keep in mind that normal ovaries are about the size of large walnuts. The problem is that the eggs that are in that area are no longer viable. It is sort of discouraging, but I am trying to stay positive.

I snuck my Ipod into my acupuncture appointment yesterday. She left me there for almost an hour, I thought I was going to go crazy laying there. So much for relaxing.

I started my stimulation shots this morning. The Menopur stings more than the other med's I have taken and it requires a little work to get together. So far, so good. You have to take liquid from one bottle and inject it in to the medicine that is in a powder form then suck it back up into the syringe, then change the needle, then inject into the tummy. M is home and likes being part of the process, but didn't want to mix the med's or give the shots.

I have been taking the Lupron shots for 12 days and I have little knots in my thighs from the medicine. The side effects really kicked in over the last few days. The hot flashes were unbearable last night. We turned it down to I seriously thought I can't do this anymore. I had to break into my Darvocet from my surgery last year because my headache would not go away. I know all of this is normal, but it sucks.

Tonight we I lower my dosage to 5 units of Lupron and I will take a shot of Follistim 225 units. Last year when I just did the Follistim and IUI, I started on 125 units I think and then went down to to 75 units because I responded so well. So I am on triple the dose.
FYI:
The Follistim and Menopur stimulate my ovaries to get them to produce more mature follicles (eggs) the Lupron keeps me suppressed so I don't ovulate on my own. It's a delicate balance of stepping on the gas and the brakes at the same time.

1 comment:

Echloe said...

You are doing great. I had to mix and inject all my own mess too. Husbands are worthless sometimes.