Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Great news! Great news! Great news. Not great news.

Great news 1) One very generous IF'er is donating extra meds and that will save me about $250-400 Thank you Thank you!
Great news 2) Insurance has agreed to pay for the meds that I will possibly have to take for up to 10 weeks. They were going to be $12.50 per day x 90 is over $800. Insurance will pay for all but $100!! Yay!
Great news 3) M had a repeat SA and is going to get an award of some sort. Dr. C said that I have the most verile husband he has seen! M attributes this to A) his Irish Catholic roots and B) that he is just a bad ass. The nurses in the office saw his results and were like "Wow!" I said I know, "I am going to tell him not to go near anyone not wearing underwear." Of course I am infertile, so what are the chances we would even be complete opposites in that department too. I have to admit that I am proud to have a champion stud for a husband.

Not great news: at my consult Dr. C told me that my IVF will be really complicated because of my endometrioma's. I have them on both ovaries. It really is bad news from there.... I went in hoping for some reassurance to ease my anxiety. I walked away feeling like my chances are really low of getting healthy eggs to even fertilize with DH's superman DNA.

We are going to shoot for 12 large follicles. Hopefully, they have eggs in them and that they are mature. Then they hope to average around 8 of those to actually fertilize. From there every day they expect one or two to die off. Because of the endometrioma's he may not be able to reach all of the follicles. We hope to make it to a day 5 transfer of two good embryos/blastocysts! We may be lucky to transfer one.

Like I said, I didn't realize that I was a challenging case. I knew at best I had between a 50-60% success rate. Now it is lower. That sucks. I guess it is better than the 0% that is on my chart with natural methods. Dr. C can't give me figures until he does the retrieval. He said he couldn't promise anything and that he wasn't going to give me false hope. I just have to leave it in his hands and in God's hands. I just really want to be a mother and I want to give M the chance to have babies with his DNA. I am off to bed.

3 comments:

Echloe said...

That sucks about the endometriomas. I really hope that your ER surprises everyone and you end up with some super star eggs to mix with your husbands super star sperm. Good Luck.

rackersfamily said...

Go Max! Go Max! Go Max!
keeping our fingers crossed...

Rebekah said...

Great news! Hang in there with the IVF news...you really just never know until you get there! I'm hoping for some awesome results for you!