Not dead yet, but seriously injured according to news reports. I am amazed he is alive. His body was mangled and he was not moving. He is hurt'n for certain. Only drunk drivers would survive being thrown out of a moving vehicle at 65 mph onto very hot asphalt and live to tell about it. I do feel better though. The image of his body and face were haunting me. Now I can sleep. I hope he heals, but I am pissed, because I was seconds behind him and he probably passed me at some point. I don't remember, of course I was too busy singing along to my ipod. I didn't notice until it I had to slam on my brakes.
TEMPLE (July 17, 2009)--Southbound lanes of I-35 in Temple were shut down Friday evening after a multiple car accident.
Police say they received several calls at about 6:50 p.m. about a reckless driver heading south on interstate in a black truck.
The truck crashed into another car just past Nugent Avenue, and caused several other chain reaction accidents involving several other vehicles.
The driver of the truck was ejected from his vehicle in the accident.
He was taken to Scott & White hospital with what police called "serious injuries."
Other drivers were hurt, but their injuries are said to be minor.
This crash also sparked another wreck on the northbound lanes of I-35.
No one was hurt in that wreck.
The southbound lanes remained closed Friday night as Temple Police and firefighters reconstructed the accident.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment