Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Disappointed and sad

So, I went in thinking I would walk out with my Clomid RX. Nurse L. did the ultrasound and found some larger cysts, including one that was an odd shape. I fell apart. I boo hoo'ed. I knew that would happen. She told me, I wasn't going to be able to take Clomid or have the IUI. That will set me back a month.
She said that she was going to take it to Dr. G and see if I needed a laparoscopy. She left the room while I changed into my clothes and told me to go to his office. He sat me down with a box of tissues and told me that I needed to get this looked at now. I asked him if it was medically necessary or just necessary for me to get pregnant. He said medically necessary. They need to rule out the slim chance that it is cancer. WTF? I just went in to get pregnant. Now in less than 48 hours, I will be sedated, intubated, and cut open (small cuts, but still cuts.)
I am angry, disappointed, sad, and feeling sorry for myself. I feel like a burden to Matt since he has to take time off to take care of me. I am scared of the anesthesia and being intubated. I want to give up, this is too hard. I am too tired. I don't want to try anymore. I worry that we will have a child with problems because I have tried so hard to get pregnant. I feel like I am being punished by God. I don't know what to tell my boss if anything. I just took time off for the trip, now I need a day for a procedure? Oh well...

No comments: