A little background, we have been TTC for over 7 months. Because of a history of PCOS and hormonal issues, I started testing for infertility in June.
HSG, showed tubes were not blocked.
Ultrasound, showed cysts on both ovaries.
Blood work, came back within acceptable range.
Diagnosis: PCOS, or unexplained infertility. It appears that I ovulate through blood work and OPK's, temp shifts, CM, but the egg is not being released. It could be PCOS, or poor egg quality. Previous history with autoimmune disease, could cause issues with spermies getting to the egg.
RE says, we probably will not get pregnant on our own, so here we are.
I have had a tough time with it, but I am hopeful. We will start Clomid next Wednesday or Thursday. We will do IUI on somewhere between day 13-15.
If we do not conceive, our next step is IVF.
I wish we had been able to do it on our own. I am grateful that we didn't wait any longer to go through infertility treatment.
I have been reading all about the side effects of treatment. You can gain 2 lbs a day! WTH? Who gains 2 lbs. a day before they are pregnant? Oh well. In the end, it is worth it.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment