Saturday, August 16, 2008

Surgery results

I had a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy yesterday. We had to be there at 5:15 am and I went into surgery at 7:15. It took about two hours. Dr. G. found that I had an endometrioma on one ovary, also called a Chocolate cyst. That is how much chocolate I eat, I am growing confections in my body! It looks like that was the problem, and they are out. There were other regular cysts on my other ovary.

I was so sick from the anesthesia that I didn't leave the hospital until 2:30 pm. Then I threw up on the way home and after I got home. I slept all day, and through the night. I feel a little worse today, so Matt went to get my pain med's. My throat is sore from being intubated, and I wonder if they took turns jumping on my rib cage. Other than that my belly is achy and bloated. It's hard to explain. It could be much worse.

This can't be as bad as pushing a baby out or having a C-section. Still, I feel some pain and bloating. Now we have to figure out if we want to try on our own, or try with Clomid and IUI.

I was hoping for a 2008 baby, now I will be lucky if I have a late summer 2009 baby. I should be happy that they found the possible reason for our infertility. I am not 100% sure this fixed it, but at least they found the possible cause. I am really lucky that it is not cancer, and that they found the cyst before it caused more damage. I have been reading about endometriomas, and it sounds like they can come back. I am wondering if we should do IVF, so we could freeze some of the embies in case I have issues ovulating in the future.

I am going back to bed.

No comments: