Ok... so in response to the comment left by the passionate poster. I spent two hours writing and rewriting. Fuming and defending myself. My original post was how I couldn't believe my friend would lay all of that on me knowing that I am infertile and I would love to be in her position.
I do not need to rethink anything... I respect people that are passionate in their beliefs on both sides. The one thing my faith has taught me, is that not everyone is as evolved as they will be. Not everyone sees things the same way, and I may not agree with them, but I will show compassion, offer help and treat them as one of God's children. (read Matthew 25). We are judged on how we treat the least of us.
About my "friend," she called me for advice. She was in trouble and I tried to help her. I was not able to help her. No one was.... not God, not her family, no one could convince her otherwise.... I haven't talked to her since. I helped her the best way I could and now I have distanced myself. Of course, she only calls when she has a crisis anyway, so it's not like I have been avoiding her.
My post was not about ab.o.rtion at all really, it was about insensitive people. If you had read any of my previous posts you would have seen that when I was 19 my father and step mother adopted a beautiful baby girl. More than any person carrying a sign or standing on a street corner with a bull horn, I am an advocate for a woman to choose adoption. My little sister is now 14, model-type beautiful , funny, and the smartest, most balanced kid I know.
Let me just be really clear my undergraduate degree is in public health. We studied data from termination providers. The demographic that have the most abo.r.t.ions (and repeat abort.io.ns) are Caucasian, upper middle, and upper class women under 20 years old. and they are brought in by at least one parent. There is a reason you don't see "good girls" from "good homes" pregnant, it is because it is quietly handled by the parents. There is a reason these providers are open 6 days a week. Don't believe me, look for the statistical data. I am not arguing for or against it; not talking about morality, ethics or religion, I am stating the facts. My sisters birth mother was 16 and is one of the few girls from "good homes" that chose this option. It should be noted that she hid her pregnancy for 7 months from her parents.
I don't know your experience, you didn't share your own story. I can only guess, it is because you have darling children of your own and possibly grandchildren.
Tonight, for the 19 month in a row, I took a pregnancy test it was negative. This Mothers Day, my husband and I will not be celebrating. While other women are getting cards with hand prints and breakfast in bed, I will be spending it with my own mother. I was praying, as I did last year that I would have something to announce. My DH and I unfortunate members of the miracle club. It would take a miracle to get pregnant without IVF. I have less than 1% chance. Still, we try hoping for a miracle. We have been passively trying (meaning not using b.c) for the last 6 years. You seem to know a lot about endo, you should know that I am past surgical intervention at least for fertility sake, and I don't experience much pain.
Make a commitment to God and volunteer in addition to and outside of a "cause" or your church for 12 months. Just do something nice for people with no agenda. Get off the computer and spend four hours a month volunteering with disabled, neglected, or abandoned children. Take a Saturday a month and volunteer at a state school in your area where parents have dumped off their disabled children and they sit being taken care of by strangers 24 hours a day. Work with CASA once a month, and protect the kids that are being abused by their parents. I bet you won't do any of these things. You are too busy with your own life and your own beliefs to take action to help others. Honor God with your hands, not with your mouth, you will make a bigger impact. I promise. That is the best advice I can give you back.
Go back and read Matthew 25.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment