Sunday, September 6, 2009

I am sad and hormonal. Went this morning for blood work and ultrasound. Not making much progress E2 is only 1900 and I had 12 follicles. Only three were over 16mm. I go back on Tuesday. M has asked the big ones to look out for the little guys. We need everyone to grow, grow, grow. He says that he pictures something like Fraggle Rock going on in my ovaries. Little things with hard hats working nonstop to make the follies grow and the eggs get ready.

The nurse said we will be lucky to get 6-8 to grow big enough to produce mature eggs. I will be lucky if we have any to transfer on day 5. M and I got in an argument because he went to the game yesterday and was gone from 8:00am -1:30am. I was left to give myself my shots and eat left overs. He was out partying with his friends. That was fine. I was irritated, but I didn't say anything. Then today he hurried out the door to go to a football draft. So, again, I am left to do my shots.

I feel sick and irritated. Physically, this is becoming so hard, and emotional this is awful. Everything was going well until Friday. This headache will not go away and I am constantly on the verge of tears. It is so easy for him to escape all of this and run off to San Antonio during the week and escape during the weekend. I can't whine, because I am being a bad wife. Today, I just wanted him to sit here and reassure me that everything will be ok. He was in such a hurry to get to the draft. I have sacrificed everything for him to follow his dreams and desires.

I am going to dinner with a friend, then I will clean the house, again... alone.

2 comments:

Soña said...

Oh Deb, I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Please know you have a lot of support out here. I am hoping so hard for you and for this cycle. Grow follies grow. (((hugs)))

Nicole said...

I'm a brand new follower to your blog, but I have to speak up when you feel you are being a bad wife to want your hubby home during this torture. YOU ARE NOT! I have done IVF 2x and made my hub give every shot, come to every appointment, even most of the blood draws. Afterall, we women do ALL the work in IF treatments (and in pregnancy and labor afterwards!). The least our hubs can do is be there for us during IF treatments. They are our best friends and as such should be there with support in all stressful situations. Sounds to me like you let your hub get away with MUCH more than I did so don't feel badly.
Just like the old-fashioned way of creating life, ART is a duo-endeavor. Just because the physical stuff is all on the wife, actually, BECAUSE all the physical stuff is all on the wife, our DHs need to be there for us emotionally all that much more. They've got to carry their weight too.
Tell him how you feel...
If I could send you cheer in a box I would. Wish I had some advice to make it easier. Sorry Honey. Hey, next time you are left home alone go get a massage or a pedi :)