I had my egg retrieval today! They were able to get 26 eggs! Eeeeekkk.. Most were probably immature and I may have lost a bunch of them because he had to go through my endometrioma's to get to them. Just a reminder endometrioma's are cysts that are filled with blood and tissue (I know gross huh?). We were not expecting anything close to that! The proceedure was easy for me and my nurses were the best! They were so comforting. I recovered really well and went home with out nausea. I am a little sore, but fine otherwise. I took a long nap and we had PF Changs for dinner.
I meant for M to video when they told me how many, but he forgot. I looked awful anyway. Apparently, I am super happy, apologetic and complimentary when I am doped up. I was thanking them and saying how wonderful he was! I don't rememer much of that, I had to keep asking how many they got. At first Dr. C said 23 then he popped his head in and said 26!
My nurse was Italian and sang Happy Birthday to me in Italian.
Dr. G, my old RE was there. M saw him in the hallway. Awkward. I am sure he had no recollection of who I was and probably didn't care.
I will update when I find out how many fertilized!!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That's so awesome girl! I am so happy to hear that!!! 26 is stellar!!! So when will they implant them? How many do they usually get from this?
WOW!!! That's awesome! Hooray!
Is it your birthday? Happy bday :) What a great present!
That is an awesome number!! I can't wait to hear the fert report!! We have a PF Changs here in NY....hhmmmm.... now I want some!! Relax and take it easy!! Does your clinic do a 3 or 5 day transfer in general? I am so excited for you!! I am going to keep checking back on you!!
Post a Comment