Thank you for all of the well wishes. I am hiding under the covers, and I am going to lay low until Sunday. Tomorrow night is Rosh Hashana, and I don't want to go. I don't have the energy, I just want to curl up next to M and breathe and stay calm.
Also, I have to work on Saturday. So, my issue: Do I tell my boss hey it's a high holy day and I am not supposed to do anything other than rest, pray, attend services and celebrate with family. You are never supposed to work on the Sabbath (Friday sundown- Saturday Sundown) but I have anyway. This is a high holy day though:
A) I really need to pray and to be around the feeling of community and hope. I can barely get out of bed.
B) I am scared if I skip it and work and I don't get pregnant that it will be because I didn't honor the Sabbath and take the time. MOST IMPORTANT FACT
C) My boss is extreamly religious (evangelical) as is most of my company. I think I am the only Jew in the company of 10K people. I don't want to stand out. Yay! Just another reminder to him that I am going to hell and that I try to take the Christ out of Christmas. Which by the way is a plight of the atheists. Jew's typically don't care. We are used to be in a Christian world and try not to rock the boat, as we are usually the ones burned in the ovens, starved, and worked to death.
We have a regional meeting on Tuesday and Wednesday, my beta is on Thursday. The whole team is flying in, inlcuding my managers manager. Yay! I get to put on a happy face for those two days. Yipee.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tell him you are sick if you don't want to tell them about your religion. The flu and strep throat are going around right now. That is a reasonable reason to not go :)
Post a Comment