Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Early 2008 Me v Jan 2009 Me

The year started out with the decision to get serious about TTC. We had hoped for a happy surprise for a year or so before that. But in January, we were serious. I was charting, temping, OPK's, M had a SA, I had bloodwork. We were ready!
I was so sure it would just happen that I was worried about getting x-rays on my teeth during my 2ww. Ahhhh... so 12 months later here we are. I just knew it would happen fast, for me. I am an overachiever for goodness sakes. I am a September baby and anticipated an October baby at the latest.

2003-2007 no baby talk. If it happens, it happens, but I am having fun being married.
2008: The cutesy and hopeful chit chat about babies and tummies, and blah blah blah
Fast Forward 4 months, me sobbing, him frustrated, Why can't we GET pregnant? I can't handle this M you have not to get IN THERE and show them where they are supposed to go.
Now our conversations about babies are about getting pregnant. Very little baby talk. We talk about how and when will we conceive, if there is a loss, what do we do, what are the next steps. That is our "Let's make a baby" conversation.
For Example:
Here is my first post when we had started to TTC on PURPOSE!!!
Jan. 2008 Deb says:

Well, we decided to make a baby! After almost 5 years of marriage and over 8 years together, we think we are grown up enough! We have hit the mark financially, have the house, health is in order and we love each other more everyday... so this is it.
Wow! We are kind of freaking out. Today is the first day of my chart, so this is my first day officially trying to make a baby.
I am loving my husband right now. He is so smart, brave, strong, funny, kind, and thoughtful. I hope our baby has all of that and his blue eyes.
Tonight we talked about baby things at dinner. We talked about possible Godparents for the first time. We are thinking Misty and Mike. I guess we have some time to decide. We talked about what car to buy and where to put the nursery. Matt has been looking at baby furniture online and thinking about baby stuff. He was so excited to fill out the calendar! He has really educated himself about making a baby, he never realized how hard it could be under perfect circumstances. He wanted me to go to the gym tonight with him, but I am going to train all this week. I have to get ready for that. We have been reading about how important fitness is to pregnancy, delivery and a fast recovery.
OMG, we are going to do this! "


Deb Jan 09 says:
Yah.... Ummm slow down there cowgirl.

No comments: