Friday, December 26, 2008

So much to say... first... we had an appointment with Dr. G today. I feel really bad for him, he should be taking a vacation. Anyway, I asked to try Clomid for this last break cycle. We are really worried about going on birth control and I can't start Lupron until next month.
So, instead of this being a wasted month, and since 60 months of trying naturally hasn't worked, we thought we would try it for fun. No IUI, just Clomid. I had the hundredth internal ultrasound and he found that my endometrioma is growing. It looks huge, like almost the size of my whole ovary. He sighed and said he is going to consider that with the treatment. He had mentioned to me in a previous visit that with IVF med's your ovaries swell and that endometrioma can rupture. Not deadly, but it could effect my fertility and I could lose that ovary. He removed the other one, but left this one because he didn't want to destroy so my healthy tissue. So, here we go. A futile attempt, to save $15,000 and hope for a miracle. My Dr. just shrugged his shoulders and said sure, go for it. See you next month!

No comments: