Tuesday, December 30, 2008

End of the year.

Well, I am moving into 2009 feeling positive. I have to believe that next year will bring good health, happiness, and peace to my friends and family.
I met with my doctor today and he mentioned that I really need to get my body in order to make the most of the IVF attempts. So, that will be what I am working on in the next two months as I prepare for IVF.
I have been an insomniac for over 14 years. I took massive doses of NyQuil for years and then I have tried everything under the sun that is OTC and prescribed. I currently take Melatonin and Ambien when I need it, which is most of the week. Although I am not addicted, I am emotionally dependant on medications to help me sleep. I am going to cut out caffeine (which I need to do for IVF anyway) and start good sleep habits. It is just so much easier to keep doing what I have always done and rely on a quick fix in the form of a pill. So, starting tomorrow, it is time for me to grow up. I don't care if it has been a life time of bad habits. It has to stop, so that I can do the best for my baby.
Edited to add that my step-father has cancer, I just found out. We are hopeful that radiation will get it. He is 80 so, I am not sure how much longer he has, but my prayer is that my mom doesn't suffer trying to take care of him.
On that note, I am going to bed.

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Good luck with everything! I have a good friend who needed pills to help her sleep for years, but once she put her mind to it and created new habits (such as the no caffeine) she was so much happier!!

I'll be praying for your mom and step-father.